Whirlwind London

We landed in London at 8:15 am local time and took 2 buses to make it to our hotel.  Although we hadn’t slept in almost 24 hours we hit the ground running.  The Waltons got these little pills (No Jet Lag) and I really think they helped.  We hoped on the tube and headed downtown to  met Jamie and Jason in front of Big Ben, I can’t believe that plan actually worked, there were lots of little patches of green, it would have been easy to miss them and no way to communicate.  We started our English experience in a pub eating traditional fish and chips for lunch.  It was kind of the first one we saw and was maybe a little pricier than most we saw later which took Timothy a few hours to get over.  We signed up for a red double decker bus tour which took us by all the main tourist attractions.

We ended our tour with a boat tour thingy up the River Thames which was kind of cool.  I was in some serious need of a Diet Coke and chocolate so we made a stop at the Boots Drugstore to stock up.  Lots more walking and seeing followed, at which Jamie and Jason decided to leave us to go back and do laundry (us or laundry, I guess we lost) and we decided to keep do some more walking.  It was a beautiful evening and there were throngs of people out enjoying it.  It was so crowded already, I can’t imagine what it will be like during the Olympics.  We finally headed home on the tube and hit the hay some 32 or so hours later.  I hadn’t thought I was too tired until I did the fall asleep head jerk on the tube and saw the girl across from me  quickly look away.  We woke up to rain showers the next day but headed out to meet Jamie and Jason again at St Peters, and went to Victoria and Albert Museum.  We decided to go to Harrods for lunch and I picked out this lovely salmon pastry thing, Jamie and Jason got chicken on skewers and after purchasing we found they were cold; you were supposed to take them home to heat up.  Tim wasn’t quite so dumb.  We ate our cold lunch ( it had been cooked) on a wet bench in the rain.  Jamie and Jason had already been to the Tower of London so they went to use their last day and we still had a few hours before we had to go back to catch our plane so we took the tube over to the Tower where the sun decided to join us again and plunked down the big bucks and did a very quick tour.  We managed to pack a lot of sight seeing into 2 short days but it was great and well worth touching down in jolly old England on our way to Prague.

3 Responses to “Whirlwind London”

  1. Jamie says:

    Fun pics – must share. Did you enjoy the Tower?

  2. Joanna says:

    Looks amazing! So fun that you got to ‘run into’ Jamie and Jason on your trip.

  3. Joan says:

    Looks like you are having a great time. Looking forward to your next entry!